ATTENTION: If you are having problems logging into the forum, please delete your browser's cookies.
- Deleting cookies in Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... ktop&hl=en
- Deleting cookies in Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ge-cookies
Search found 4 matches
Search found 4 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:38 am
- Forum: Transportation & Lodging
- Topic: Flash floods and washouts in Houghton/Hancock area
- Replies: 13
- Views: 1063
My wife and I stayed at the seaplane base the night of the flooding. I've never seen rain and lightning like that before! Since our 8:00am flight was delayed by fog on Tobin Harbor, we wandered around the seaplane base looking at all the flood damage. My heart goes out to all the folks in the area w...
- Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:40 am
- Forum: Gear & Supplies
- Topic: Sleeping Gear Review - warning, very long
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2055
Last year I picked up an Enlightened Equipment Accomplice quilt (for two sleepers) and an Exped SynMat Duo for my wife and me. What a HUGE difference this has made! It's the closest I've ever come to sleeping in the back country like I do at home! The gear is quite expensive but for me worth every p...
- Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:39 am
- Forum: Other Places and Parks
- Topic: Recent trip to Zion Canyon National Park
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1035
My wife and I love Zion National Park. We try to go every winter when they run specials at Zion Lodge. This way we avoid the crowds you see during the rest of the year and you still get all the great scenery. If you get a chance to, be sure the take the West Rim Trail to Scout Overlook for an amazin...
- Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:21 am
- Forum: General Questions and Miscellaneous
- Topic: Shelters
- Replies: 26
- Views: 2145
I think the reason that the shelters are only found at Lake Superior docks has more to do with the wilderness designation of most of the park. Since the Wilderness Act of 1964 states "there shall be no temporary road, no use of motor vehicles, motorized equipment or motorboats, no landing of aircraf...