Rock Harbor Lodge - Disability Q

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

2toadpaws
NewbieCake

Rock Harbor Lodge - Disability Q

Post by 2toadpaws »

Can someone describe for me the interior stairs - from first floor to the second floor? Number of steps? Hand rails? Is there a landing? Asked for a first floor room when making reservations and we got a "We'll see." A picture would be great. Thank you.
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Re: Rock Harbor Lodge - Disability Q

Post by Ingo »

The stairs are exterior, a single flight up to a balcony. Don't know the number of steps, but a single story. There are no interior hallways, but a balcony running the length of building, typical of a 50s or 60s motel. I don't think I have a pic, but will look and post if I find one.
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
Montana
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by Montana »

Ingo, here is a photo I found on Google. I don't know if it is an accurate picture (I've only been on the west side of the island). Can you confirm that this photo is the stairway?
Rock Harbor Lodge Stairway.JPG
hooky
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by hooky »

I've gotta think that if you've told them that you're trying to accommodate someone with a disability, the odds are good that they'll put you on the first floor.
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by Ingo »

Montana wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 2:12 pm Ingo, here is a photo I found on Google. I don't know if it is an accurate picture (I've only been on the west side of the island). Can you confirm that this photo is the stairway?
That's it! Although each building is a little different due to the locations.
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH