Great Lake Warriors on The History Channel

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

Great Lake Warriors on The History Channel

Post by johnhens »

A new program on the History Channel is about tugboat captains and their vessels that work the Great Lakes. The series starts 7/19.
http://www.history.com/shows/great-lake-warriors.
In particular, one of the episodes, I believe, deals with the rescue of the Grampa Woo by the Glenada out of Thunder Bay. This takes place off of Isle Royale.
johnhens
Forum Moderator

Re: Great Lake Warriors on The History Channel

Post by johnhens »

I watched the show. Don't like what they did with the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald in the opening scenes.
Richard1961
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by Richard1961 »

I agree. Some wrecks are ok for diving but some deserve to rest in peace. And to use it just to drive rating on a new show is a shame. However I hope that none of that weather plans a early Sept visit this year. I can just think about those 30 foot waves washing right over my 26 foot boat. Richard
johnhens
Forum Moderator

Post by johnhens »

Richard1961 wrote:I agree. Some wrecks are ok for diving but some deserve to rest in peace. And to use it just to drive rating on a new show is a shame. However I hope that none of that weather plans a early Sept visit this year. I can just think about those 30 foot waves washing right over my 26 foot boat. Richard
I don't like the version of the song. I figured they would have something about the Fitz, as along as it is respectful. I thought there were 29 sailors on the Fitz.
Are you still considering the Carver (?) or the like?
Richard1961
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by Richard1961 »

Are you still considering the Carver (?) or the like?
I am looking for a second backup motor for the sailboat or next week I will go for the 25ft Carver Monterey. I like the idea of the sailboat but the extra speed and power would be nice if weather changes quickly. Which ever boat I chose I will be in Grand Portage Sept. 1st to get ready for the trip. Richard
divedeep
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 0

Post by divedeep »

I agree with leaving some of the wrecks to rest in peace. They are there for a reason so ditto on not liking some of the things that the show did.
tree rattt
May actually live on IR

Post by tree rattt »

I have only dove a few wrecks, nothing serious .....but I cant help shake the feeling that I am in or by a tomb.Always an erie feeling even when you know that no lives were lost.Maybe it is a humbling feeling knowing that nature, one way or another claims all. ;)