Am I alone?

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

drobarge
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 24

Am I alone?

Post by drobarge »

Am I the only one eagerly waiting for the return and posts, which are sure to follow, of our very beloved Rafiki? :)
srparr
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 20

Re: Am I alone?

Post by srparr »

LOL! +1! Like! :-)
NancyT
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 10

Post by NancyT »

I am, I am, I am!!! We will be arriving the same day that he is leaving the island. We are hoping to meet on the dock.
Oh and Fonix...You may want to increase the boards bandwith for when he returns.
~ISLE ROYALE INFO~
"A Comprehensive Guide to Isle Royale National Park"
http://www.isleroyale.info
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Post by fonixmunkee »

NancyT wrote:Oh and Fonix...You may want to increase the boards bandwith for when he returns.
Roger that. I put some more crystals in the internet accelerator in anticipation of his return to the forums.
Richard1961
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by Richard1961 »

drobarge wrote:Am I the only one eagerly waiting for the return and posts, which are sure to follow, of our very beloved Rafiki? :)
If the NPS desides to crack down on shelter artists, is there a chance that Rafiki may not be coming back? :(
drobarge
Bushwacker

Post by drobarge »

Richard!!!!!
As a sailor myself ...how did the trip go???? Are you hooked?
Richard1961
LNT Expert

Post by Richard1961 »

My doctor canceled this years trip. :( I had a little health problem. However I am looking forward to next season. :D I love my sailboat but with my mobility issues it can be too much to single hand sometimes so I also picked up a 21ft cuddycabin so if I cann't find a crew for the sailboat(wife or son) I will use the gas hog to get there. Nothing will keep me from going next summer.
alecto73
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by alecto73 »

I've always wanted to learn how to sail. :smile:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
|| Jess ||
Richard1961
LNT Expert

Post by Richard1961 »

alecto73 wrote:I've always wanted to learn how to sail. :smile:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
It only takes about 15 minutes to learn how to sail. It then takes the rest of your life to learn how to sail well.
drobarge
Bushwacker

Post by drobarge »

Pics of my Isle Royale and Lake sailing,

http://s823.photobucket.com/albums/zz160/drobarge/
honouredamongfoxes
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Post by honouredamongfoxes »

My 4th trip, in which I once again was able to introduce someone to the island, concluded Friday (14th). Queen. Hey, I like that new brew pub in Copper Hbr. Was honored to meet, then 5 days later to be among the first to congratulate Mark / IncaRoads on completing the trails! He told me he had had the good fortune, on arrival day, of still being in the vicinity (after doing Scoville I think he said)when the Voyager arrived with Rafiki. As for me, for the 2nd trip in a row I encountered Candy Peterson [she and Rolf were at Moskey the first time I ever waked in there, 6 yrs. ago]! George and I spent quite a time atop Ojibway Tower with her and her tracking antenna. She never seemed to tire of our questions! Fantastic classiness, folks! Anyway, the trail: RH>>DF>>WCB>>MB>>RH via DF, OTwr. & F.Mtn [How about two of them Stroganoff bags tonight, Bo's'n?!]>> Scoville Pt. before departure. Sheltered at DF, tented all others: perfect!
Richard1961
LNT Expert

Post by Richard1961 »

I love the pictures of sailboats at the island. Thanks so much. How long do you make your trips there with the boat? And what fishery was the pictures of the old boat on the shoreline? It looked like a real piece of history.
Tampico
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Post by Tampico »

Richard1961 wrote:And what fishery was the pictures of the old boat on the shoreline? It looked like a real piece of history.
That wreck is an old launch and is located in Chippewa Harbor.

You can spot it in Google Earth at:

48° 1'43.50"N
88°39'38.10"W
drobarge
Bushwacker

Post by drobarge »

That is the Awaneesha,(pronounced "Ah wah nish uh") Owned by Holger Johnson who operated a fishery and somewhat of a resort at Chippewa harbor. He ran it on the beach for storage one fall and thats where it stayed. The older gentleman with me at the wreck took his first trip to the Island on the Awaneesha when he was just 8 years old some 72 years ago.
Richard1961
LNT Expert

Post by Richard1961 »

drobarge wrote:Am I the only one eagerly waiting for the return and posts, which are sure to follow, of our very beloved Rafiki? :)
Any word on his safe return?