Possible effects of sequestration

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

Redbad
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Possible effects of sequestration

Post by Redbad »

Has the NPS published their plan for sequestration and its impact on ISRO? If so, what will the impacts be?
jrwiesz
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Re: Possible effects of sequestration

Post by jrwiesz »

I'll never get a job there. :cry:
"And standing on the the crest of the Greenstone Ridge, I suddenly had this desire to retreat north to where I just come, to stay in the backcountry, to spend another day in a place where the only deadline I had was to pitch the tent before dark."
Jim DuFresne
bergman
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 16

Post by bergman »

All Ranger III passengers must now disembark at Mott Island; backpackers will have to swim for the main shore of the island, and all packs must meet minimum flotation requirements. However, NPS will provide swimming fins for the crossing, and all hiking boots will be delivered dry as a bone and available for pick-up (when you trade in your fins) at the Siskiwit Mines (directly across Rock Harbor from Mott I.).

Still awaiting news on whether departures will continue from Rock Harbor Marina.

Upon arrival at Mott, Lodge guests and their luggage will be taxied to Rock Harbor for a nominal fee.
bergman
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 16

Post by bergman »

Guess this was a topic not well subject to a bit of tongue and cheek. Didnt really know much about sequestration other than there would have to be some federal budget cuts. Now that i see it impacts invasive species and rescue response times [safety], among other things, i realize this is serious business, and i don't envy Ms. Green for having to make such difficult choices. Sorry...