"Sequester" impact for Isle Royale

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

Ernest T Bass
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Re: "Sequester" impact for Isle Royale

Post by Ernest T Bass »

johnhens wrote:
Tampico wrote:
bergman wrote:It's too bad we couldnt have funded Greg's Canoecopia gig.
We probably could have, if we'd have known early enough.
IRKPA was paying for the NPS to be at Canoecopia this year including lodging, transportation, meals ect. All travel had to be approved from the Regional NPS person. (IR's people had nothing to do with him not being there). I don't know their justification for this as it was not costing the NPS directly. His request for travel was not approved.
Trying to get anyone to make a quick decision in the Federal government is not a common thing to have happen. :roll:
You ain't seen the last of Ernest T Bass!!!
Rafiki
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 7

Post by Rafiki »

So have Malone Bay and Amygdaloid Ranger stations been closed throughout this season as of now? I know Ranger Carl no longer operates out of Amygdaloid due to his retirement (looks like he picked a great time to leave), but Ranger Jeremy as been at Malone Bay for quite some time now. Does anyone know if he got repositioned? He was really nice to Shelly and I during our visit to Malone last year.
343.1 Miles Hiked: 2004 (3 Days), 2010 (11 Days), 2011 (13 Days), 2012 X 2 (8 + 12 Days), 2013 (9 Days/Paddling), 2019 (30 Days/Paddling)
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by Ingo »

Rafiki wrote:So have Malone Bay and Amygdaloid Ranger stations been closed throughout this season as of now?
Correct.
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
Rafiki
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 7

Post by Rafiki »

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. Shelly and I need to be extra careful on our paddling trip to the north side of the island.God forbid anything were to happen :cry:
343.1 Miles Hiked: 2004 (3 Days), 2010 (11 Days), 2011 (13 Days), 2012 X 2 (8 + 12 Days), 2013 (9 Days/Paddling), 2019 (30 Days/Paddling)
Ernest T Bass
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by Ernest T Bass »

That is why you have your new VHF radio! :D
You ain't seen the last of Ernest T Bass!!!