Little Siskiwit River

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

manumuskin
NewbieCake

Little Siskiwit River

Post by manumuskin »

Has anyone ever bushwacked up or down the Little Siskiwit? There appear to be waterfalls here 47.95372° N 88.94882° W and here 47.95167° N 88.94868° W. Also there appears to be a neat little island here 47.96047° N 88.95398° W. Looks like a very interesting Bushwack erhaps from Hay campground to Lake Desor south or the other way around. Has anyone been to these places?
Al
manumuskin
NewbieCake

Re: Little Siskiwit River

Post by manumuskin »

Found more waterfalls on an unnamed stream that runs into the north side of Siskiwit Lake. Anyone been to these?
ryanpett
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by ryanpett »

manumuskin wrote:Has anyone ever bushwacked up or down the Little Siskiwit? There appear to be waterfalls here 47.95372° N 88.94882° W and here 47.95167° N 88.94868° W. Also there appears to be a neat little island here 47.96047° N 88.95398° W. Looks like a very interesting Bushwack erhaps from Hay campground to Lake Desor south or the other way around. Has anyone been to these places?
Al
Ever get anywhere with this? I was considering an off trail excursion down to the Little Siskiwit - somewhere past the Island Mine area - but haven't found much info on anyone else having done it.
Damon S
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 10

Post by Damon S »

I'd love to get back back and explore some of those areas...I have the coordinates, I'll have to check my records.....on our last kayaking trip up to IR a few years back, we were tooling around back in Chippewa Harbor and heard a very loud waterfall (I've heard many) and it was quite a ways back into the woods. You could tell the elevation was considerable in the area and I could only see part of the falls up high from the inlet of the stream dumping into Chippewa. It was to thick and marshy to get out of our boats at that area. I spoke with the ranger and pointed out the area on the map,,,they said they have no record of a falls being in that area.