Houghton hotel

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

frdm02
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Houghton hotel

Post by frdm02 »

Ok, so I finally booked the boat for 9/22, staying at The Pines in Copper Harbor the night before the boat. Looking at Super 8 Houghton for the night after the island. Plan on a beer or 2 at Keweenaw Brewing. Is the Super 8 decent for a cheap hotel? It has a hot tub and that may be key after time out in the cold September winds
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Re: Houghton hotel

Post by Ingo »

We stayed at the Super 8 some years ago and it was fine. Would stay there again, but don't usually leave from Houghton. Nice location on the channel.
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
Donk_67
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by Donk_67 »

Can't really say about the motel, but your idea for having a beverage at keweenaw brewing sounds like an excellent idea. After partaking in one (Widow Maker) in Windigo, it has become my favorite brew.
frdm02
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by frdm02 »

I enjoy the widow maker, and love the November Gale Pale ale, my wife is a fan of the pick ax blonde
LeftOvers
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 20

Post by LeftOvers »

I've stayed at the Super 8 three times this year (total of 6 days) and was generally pleased. The last time, August, there was no HBO and they said they tried to get it fixed earlier in the summer but couldn't. The pool (and sauna) was also closed the last two days the first time I was there this year, as well as the first time I stayed there a few years ago.
But for the price, I like it - clean and well outfitted; off the main street so maybe a little quieter. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't have stayed there 3 times this year.