Book Donation/Recycle

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

Rafiki
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 7

Book Donation/Recycle

Post by Rafiki »

Hello Everyone,

Hope you guys are doing well. Anyways I thought to myself, there are a million books out there on Isle Royale and I know we all like to read them when we can't make it to the island or during the winter season when the island is closed. However, where do your books go after you read them? On a shelf? To a friend? Then on his or her shelf? For me personally, I read them...pass them onto my girlfriend if she is interested in reading them...then they just sit around somewhere collecting dust. Well I'm sick of seeing them lay around. So it's into the garbage with them or off to the next person with them. I currently have Island Folk by Peter Oikarinen. If I find more of my books I will post them on here for anyone that is interested in reading any of them. I'd kindly ask that after you are through reading them that you pass them on to the next person unless you like to hoard books. I'll be glad to pay the media mail postage rate (takes 7-10 days, but a cheap way to send books) to have the book arrive to your house. Please be kind enough to do the same for the next person.

With that said, whoever PM's me first with their address will be the person I send the book to. If I get more than one person that contacts me, I'll post the names of those people here (not your addresses) and perhaps the person who gets the book could send it to the next person in line. Thanks.

Island Folk by Peter Oikarinen
343.1 Miles Hiked: 2004 (3 Days), 2010 (11 Days), 2011 (13 Days), 2012 X 2 (8 + 12 Days), 2013 (9 Days/Paddling), 2019 (30 Days/Paddling)
hooky
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Re: Book Donation/Recycle

Post by hooky »

My books end up in a few different places. 1) On the shelf to read again or loan 2) Being sold to Half Price Books so we can buy more books 3) Donated to a charity 4) Given to friends 5) Stuffed into a few local micro libraries that have popped up locally.

I'm slowly reading more eBooks, so my kindle is beginning to fill up. I need to learn how to loan those titles, but so far have been too lazy to take the time to figure it out.

This is a great idea Rafiki.