Greenstone Grill and Lighthouse Restaurant Questions

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

hermsker
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Greenstone Grill and Lighthouse Restaurant Questions

Post by hermsker »

Does anyone know the daily hours for these places? Also, will they be open by May 21st? Lastly, the Lighthouse looks to be the fancier option. Would it be acceptable to eat dinner there after 9 days on the trail without much of a shower or change of clothes. I assume I will have a nice "stank" built up and be dirty. Should I just stick to the Greenstone to be polite? Thanks in advance.
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Re: Greenstone Grill and Lighthouse Restaurant Questions

Post by Ingo »

It's really the same restaurant (same kitchen), with 2 different seating areas and menus--basically do you want a sandwich or a dinner. It is polite to shower after coming off the trail, but I have to admit I ate there once w/o a shower at the end of a trip--didn't have time and had to have some lake trout before they closed! Typically I will shower, put on my cleanest clothes, whatever that means, and not worry about it. The grill does have an outside area if the weather's reasonable.
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
treeplanter
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 12

Re: Greenstone Grill and Lighthouse Restaurant Questions

Post by treeplanter »

The restaurant and grill won't open until June 9th. See the 2015 Greenstone for more info.