Ranger Programs

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

jacob.choi
NewbieCake

Ranger Programs

Post by jacob.choi »

What are the ranger programs like at Rock Harbor and Daisy Farm? When I searched up Ranger Program at Daisy Farm, the pictures came out with moose antlers on the beach with a ranger talking. I'm assuming topics can be a bit recycled. What do you think and do you have any recommendations.
jerry
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Re: Ranger Programs

Post by jerry »

If Rolf and Candy do the presentation at Daisy Farm you'll be happy with the info that they share. They are not rangers. They normally stay across the harbor from Daisy Farm SW of the lighthouse. Their presentations that I attended were on Wednesday evenings.
Tightlines01
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 7

Post by Tightlines01 »

Any clue which days they do the interpretive activities in June at Daisy and Rock? I'll be bringing my 9 year old twin boys with me this year and I know they'd love them, especially Candy's at Daisy Farm if possible. We'll be coming into Rock Harbor for 8 days and doing short miles for their first trip, bouncing one camp ground at a time likely to Moskey or possibly Richie and back. Were they normally on Wednesday's and Saturdays? Really want to include them into my trip for the boys.
philranger
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 9

Post by philranger »

I attended two at Rock Harbor. One was on the shipwrecks of IR and one dealt with Loons and their calls. Candy did the presentation at Daisy Farm on the Moose/Wolf relationship and how to connect with IR spiritually. The one at Windigo dealt with the copper mining that occurred earlier. All in all, I have enjoyed all these programs. Not only do you learn more about IR, you get the opportunity to get out of your campsite and meet other people who love this place as much as I do.
Isle Royale Trips: 2005-RH to Windigo via Greenstone. 2006-McCargoe Cove to Chippewa Harbor. 2007-RH to Daisy Farm and back. 2008-Feltmann loop. 2009-McCargoe Cove to Chippewa Harbor. 2013-Minong Ridge. 2014-Windigo+Huginnin Cove. 2015-Lookout Louise to LC to DF to MB. 2018-McCargoe to Todd to HL to Malone Bay. 2021-Windigo/Huginnin. 2022-RH-DF-MB-CH
JerryB
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by JerryB »

I have attended a few, at both RH and Windigo, and enjoyed them. It is a bit of a throw back. But in these days of high tech, powerpoint, etc., it is nice to have a simple talk. Just seems to fit the setting.