Did anyone catch today's low altitude fly-over by two F-16s up the Rock Harbor Channel?

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

Midwest Ed
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 8

Did anyone catch today's low altitude fly-over by two F-16s up the Rock Harbor Channel?

Post by Midwest Ed »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
8 trips, 1975 x 2, 1976 x 2, 1978, 1985, 2000, 2013
Tom
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 16

Re: Did anyone catch today's low altitude fly-over by two F-16s up the Rock Harbor Channel?

Post by Tom »

It was probably a practice run for when they go to bomb out the Moskey dock. :lol:
Donk_67
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Re: Did anyone catch today's low altitude fly-over by two F-16s up the Rock Harbor Channel?

Post by Donk_67 »

This might be sour grapes on my part, but I feel IR is a place low flying jets should avoid...I accept the high altitude jets flying over and of course the seaplane, but why intentionally destroy the quiet with stunts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Midwest Ed
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 8

Post by Midwest Ed »

Even though these very unusual cloud formations occurred today, I considered waiting until April 1st to make my post but that was just too far away. I figure I better "come clean" before someone gets someone in trouble. It was a fluke that I even caught this as the storm was moving so fast the formation only lasted for a couple of web cam cycles. Meteorologists often comment on how quickly changeable the weather is in the Lake Superior region.

Two minutes later:
Two minutes later
Two minutes later
8 trips, 1975 x 2, 1976 x 2, 1978, 1985, 2000, 2013