"Book" American Wolf

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

"Book" American Wolf

Post by johnhens »

Doug Smith, the wolf biologist for Yellowstone National Park got his start working with Rolf Petersen on IR. Probably the best known wolf from Yellowstone was known as '06. A female, she did most of her hunting solo and was quite successful.We happened to be in a place to watch her take down a cow elk in Ystone. American Wolf was written about '06. It covers her life. It also discusses the issues with wolves. Thought some here might be interested in reading about '06.
https://www.amazon.com/American-Wolf-St ... 1101902787
ReneeDegutis
NewbieCake

Re: "Book" American Wolf

Post by ReneeDegutis »

Doug Smith, the wolf biologist for Yellowstone National Park got his start working with Rolf Petersen on IR. Probably the best known wolf from Yellowstone was known as '06. A female, she did most of her hunting solo and was quite successful.We happened to be in a place to watch her take down a cow elk in Ystone. American Wolf was written about '06. It covers her life. It also discusses the issues with wolves. Thought some here might be interested in reading about '06. https://www.amazon.com/American-Wolf-St ... 1101902787source
Hello @johnhens,

It happened so that I read Nate Blakeslee's Tulia: Race, Cocaine, and Corruption in a Small Texas Town first. And frankly speaking, I didn't think about reading the next book, but my obsession with wolves stories just made me read American Wolf. Which of course was a perfect match for my expectations. Looking into the wild precipice of the wolves' life ignites truly powerful emotions. I've never hunted anything in my life, but the feeling and imagination just do their job.
I'm also obsessed with werewolves stories (though it's more about my preferences in the Gothic Tradition).

Regards,
Renee