I'm Coming Back!!

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

hooky
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 2

I'm Coming Back!!

Post by hooky »

After a 4 year hiatus where I swooned over the boundary waters, I'm going to hike the Island again!!!

All right, with that out of the way...

I've started planning for a mid/late May trip. We're thinking that we'll go out of Copper Harbor. But the question is, generally, should we enjoy ourselves or not?

I'm really excited about going back. I've been all over the south side of the island. I think I'd like to do Lane, Mcargoe, Todd, etc... and then com e back via the Greestone.

Wish me luck and feel free to tell me that I'm wrong or need to make a second trip this year.
paulbates
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Re: I'm Coming Back!!

Post by paulbates »

Sounds great, get your "fix"!

I think early middle may would be an ideal time to do the minong.. more water in 6 mile creek, less undergrowth to fight and.... NO BUGS. I plan to do it again some day, and it will be in May

Paul
hooky
IR Expert

Post by hooky »

My first trip was in May and we really enjoyed it. My last trip was way back in fall of 2014, so I need the fix. Thanks!
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Post by fonixmunkee »

I think you should skip all that hiking business and come and volunteer on working on the Rock of Ages lighthouse over the summer. :D

We'll take you any way we can get you. Hike on!
hooky
IR Expert

Post by hooky »

fonixmunkee wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:57 pm I think you should skip all that hiking business and come and volunteer on working on the Rock of Ages lighthouse over the summer. :D

We'll take you any way we can get you. Hike on!
If I was young with no responsibilities or older with no responsibilities, that would be a great way to spend a summer. I guess that makes me a "tweener" again.
hooky
IR Expert

Post by hooky »

May became September in the last couple of weeks. Looks like a trip to the east end out of Copper Harbor. Lane Cove is on the itinerary.