Lockers for rent in Rock Harbor?

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

3curlgreenhead
NewbieCake

Lockers for rent in Rock Harbor?

Post by 3curlgreenhead »

I was wondering if there are any lockers to rent in Rock Harbor? I'd like to leave a small backpack with a change of clothes, toilet kit, etc. Just wondering, rather not haul any more than have too. thx.
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Re: Lockers for rent in Rock Harbor?

Post by Ingo »

No lockers, but the lodge office will store it for a fee. Ask them when you (finally :() make your water taxi reservations. No food or fuel allowed.
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
thesneakymonkey
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Re: Lockers for rent in Rock Harbor?

Post by thesneakymonkey »

I looked into this last year and what Ingo is saying is true. I will say though the gift shop offers a lot of toiletry products in travel sizes and relatively decent prices (for where you are). They also have a pretty decent selection of tshirts. I am a SUCKER for novelty touristy tshirts and so we ended up abandoning the idea of storing a bag and just purchased what we needed at the store. Yea it cost a little more but it saved us the logistics of storing a bag. There is also laundry facilities there that we partook in so we would have clean pants, underwear, and socks. Either way, you dont want to carry that stuff the whole way so storing a bag or purchasing there is the way to go.