IR Calendar?

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

IR Calendar?

Post by Ingo »

Hey Folks,

I've been putting together a 2010 calendar with pics of this summer's IR trip, as Christmas presents for family and friends. I've made personal calendars as presents a couple of times before and I think it's great way to share.

As I was doing it, it occurred to me that some of you may be interested also. I've looked for an IR calendar before, but haven't found any. If there's enough interest, I'm willing to order extras, but I would need to recover the incremental cost (probably in the $15 each range) to be feasible. I've put formatted pages up at http://moskeybasin.com/calendar2010. Please email or message me privately if you're interested and I will let you know in a couple weeks if it's a go or not.

It also occurred to me that it could be fun to do an isleroyaleforum.com calendar in future years, with photos from a variety of folks. I don't think there's enough time to put it all together this year though. We might do a photo contest to select the pics, and put proceeds (if any) toward the forum hosting cost and/or supporting the I.R. Natural History Association. The key to making it work would be getting sufficient "buy" in--the unit cost of printing them goes down significantly as the quantity goes up. What do you think?

John I.
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
ScoutDad
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Re: IR Calendar?

Post by ScoutDad »

Very nice pics!
My profession is to always find God in nature.
- Henry David Thoreau -
philranger
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 9

Post by philranger »

Nice Pictures Ingo. I can't wait to go back again.
Isle Royale Trips: 2005-RH to Windigo via Greenstone. 2006-McCargoe Cove to Chippewa Harbor. 2007-RH to Daisy Farm and back. 2008-Feltmann loop. 2009-McCargoe Cove to Chippewa Harbor. 2013-Minong Ridge. 2014-Windigo+Huginnin Cove. 2015-Lookout Louise to LC to DF to MB. 2018-McCargoe to Todd to HL to Malone Bay. 2021-Windigo/Huginnin. 2022-RH-DF-MB-CH
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Post by fonixmunkee »

I love the pics, Ingo. You can count me in for two...I plan on gifting one.
moss13
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Post by moss13 »

Very nice John. I will take one as well!
"The Island Is Calling"
k2one
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by k2one »

Look's great,I'm in also!
Backpacker534
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 9

Post by Backpacker534 »

Ingo, I have thought for several years of creating my own Isle Royale calendar, but have never worked on it. Partially because I don't think I have enough photos of "calendar quality" and partially because of the lack of time to put it all together. However, I think a calendar produced with photos from various members of the forum (via a contest) would be a great idea. Keep me informed if you plan to do this in the future as I would love to be involved with it in some form or fashion.

Another website to keep in mind is http://www.lulu.com/. I've never used them before, but I understand you can publish just about anything you want. You set the price you want to receive for the item after costs and they do all the work. Best of all, I think they only print the calendar, book, photos, etc. as they get orders so you don't have to deal with a minimum order issue.