A question for the mods...(user ranks)

Questions, answers, suggestions and/or opinions about this web board or, the Isle Royale Info web site. If it's a Web Board or Web Site operational question, check here for an answer or, to ask a question.

Moderator: fonixmunkee

JonG
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 8

A question for the mods...(user ranks)

Post by JonG »

I've been a member for some time here, but not a frequent enough contributor I guess. Just wondering how many posts I have to make until I'm not a 'newbie' anymore. I was around when the old forums were still up, so my 'newbie' status is not a time related thing.
Backpacker534
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 9

Re: A question for the mods...

Post by Backpacker534 »

I think you are no longer considered a "newbie" after making 50 posts, but I could be wrong. Hopefully, one of the moderators will have an exact count.
Tom
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 16

Post by Tom »

Fonix knows for sure (and blame him, he came up with the titles.. :P )
but... as I recall:

0-49: NewbieCake
50-99: LNT Expert
100-199 or maybe 249: Trailblazer
Over 250: Bushwacker

There is also the "IR Pro" title, but that one was given to Capt Don because seeing "NewbieCake" next to someone who's been out there that many times just made us giggle.. :lol:
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Post by fonixmunkee »

It's true! And for the low price of $9.95, you too can have a custom title on the IR FORUMS! :lol:

Tom has it right, here's the break down of the titles:
Title: Minimum posts
NewbieCake: 0
LNT Expert : 50
Trailblazer: 100
Bushwacker: 200
May actually live on IR: 300
IR Expert: 500

I tried to figure out a way user ranks could be based on how many trips to IR you have been on (based on the profile you create here on the boards), but found that I'm not smart enough to do that. So we have to go by post count (which, in a general sort of way, is acceptable, because the more you've been to IR, the more you should be able to answer "newbie's" questions!).

I'm more than willing to readdress the custom user titles and post counts if we have a consensus (this is a democracy), so feel free to put in your two cents. I had created the ranks a long time ago when I initially took over the IR forums and no one ever really said anything.

We're open to suggestions!