Message Body Box Issues

Questions, answers, suggestions and/or opinions about this web board or, the Isle Royale Info web site. If it's a Web Board or Web Site operational question, check here for an answer or, to ask a question.

Moderator: fonixmunkee

Rafiki
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 7

Re: Message Body Box Issues

Post by Rafiki »

That's great to hear. While the issue I was dealing with wasn't going to stop me from coming from the site or anything extreme like that, it was nerve-racking :lol: Either way I am glad it is solved and that future members will not have to experience it. Thanks again.
343.1 Miles Hiked: 2004 (3 Days), 2010 (11 Days), 2011 (13 Days), 2012 X 2 (8 + 12 Days), 2013 (9 Days/Paddling), 2019 (30 Days/Paddling)
Rafiki
IR Expert

Post by Rafiki »

Its happening again except this time I kept trying to scroll down to copy my long message so I could paste it to a new post and start where I left off, but it would not let me highlight any of the field beyond the point it was not letting me scroll past. I could have posted what I had so far, but I was so frustrated at the moment that I didn't think of it and just canceled the message. I don't know what cause the bug to occur again. It has not reared its head around here for at least a week. I'm going to see what happens in the next coming days, but if this continues, I'm just going to limit myself to short answers or break up my posts into several parts, because at this point, as I stated, it would not even allow me to highlight the message box beyond a certain point :(
343.1 Miles Hiked: 2004 (3 Days), 2010 (11 Days), 2011 (13 Days), 2012 X 2 (8 + 12 Days), 2013 (9 Days/Paddling), 2019 (30 Days/Paddling)
Rafiki
IR Expert

Post by Rafiki »

P.S. I have had a terrible cold for the past couple of days and have been using what little energy I have to hunch myself up in bed to write a couple of posts on here. Sorry if my last message came off as whinny, that was not my intentions. Well off to a hot shower with the hopes that making it through work today won't be all that bad. :)
Rafiki
IR Expert

Post by Rafiki »

I figured out what was causing my problem. However, I think the background color change and forum update that you pushed through still helped my original problem, because it seemed worse and difficult to hone in on before the change took place. Basically what happens is sometimes I write a lot of stuff in a message box. Then as I take a pause to stop and re-read what I have just written I every so often notice that I made an error with the spelling of a word. After I correct the word that happens to be at the begining of the paragraph, I scroll down back to the bottom using my mouse pad, but not by clicking the scroll arrows on the side of the message box. When I do this, my mouse pointer exits outside of the message box and this automatically forces me to return back to the top of the message. The moral of the story is that I should just use the up and down scroll arrow on the side of the message box as I near the bottom of what I have written. This keeps the mouse pointer from leaving the box and prevents me from constantly shifting back to the top of the screen over and over again. Before the update that you mentioned was put into place, it seemed like no matter what I did, I could never get back to the bottom of my message box screen. It didn't matter if I used the side scrolling arrows or not. The odd thing was that, while I could quickly click the most to the bottom and still type, every letter I would type would shoot me back down to the bottom of the screeen and once I was done clicking a letter it would should me back up to the top of the bag. In turn, I would have the constant jarring of the message box from shifting up and down within the box as I typed. This back and forth action no longer occured if my pointer is outside of the box but the cursor within the box is at the bottom of the page. If I decide to type, while the letters will appear, I won't get shifted down to the bottom of the screen and then back up. The message box will simply stay focused on the top of the screen. Don't know if anyone cared to hear about all of this, but figured I'd throw it out there as a record for anyone who has a problem or if another update occurs and my older problem reintroduces itself.