1000 registered users

Questions, answers, suggestions and/or opinions about this web board or, the Isle Royale Info web site. If it's a Web Board or Web Site operational question, check here for an answer or, to ask a question.

Moderator: fonixmunkee

MikeT
IR Pro
Isle Royale Visits: 23

1000 registered users

Post by MikeT »

Approaching 1000 registered users! (998 right now) A milestone.
I personally want to thank Fonix and this whole community! If not for Richard, this might have disappeared. If not for you all, this would be nothing. In everything I do and respond to I point people here and I am always thanked for sending them here. Thank you EVERYONE for making this the best resource there is for Isle Royale! To you ALL! :)
Mike T.
"Isle Royale Info - A Comprehensive Guide to Isle Royale National Park" available at: http://www.isleroyale.info
"Isle Royale Itinerary Generator" an intuitive program to create and manage itineraries. Description at: http://www.isleroyale.info/ig_description.html
"Half the fun is in the planning"
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Re: 1000 registered users

Post by fonixmunkee »

Thanks for the props, Mike. 1,000 active users is a big deal for the board. These are exciting times.

A special thanks should go back to you, sir, for starting the whole concept of the forums so many years ago. When did you start them? 2000?

And as Mike said, YES, thanks to the community here for making these forums so helpful. It's always rewarding to hear someone on the boat say "the forums really helped me plan this trip." Between that and seeing the trip reports and photos...it makes doing this project all the more worthwhile. Here's to another 1,000 users!
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Re: 1000 registered users

Post by Ingo »

Thanks to both Mike and Richard! I've been on the forum for many years, going back to the days when MikeT hosted it and continuing through the Fonixmunkee era. I only get out to the island once every year or two, but following posts has been a daily ritual for me that keeps me connected.
John I.
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH