Submissions for PICTURE OF THE WEEK go here

Contains the infamous Picture of the Week thread, along with other pictures shared by members.

Moderator: Ingo

fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Re: Submissions for PICTURE OF THE WEEK go here

Post by fonixmunkee »

Well I guess moss13 stepped up to the challenge :)

Now I wish I could only see the pictures...they are blocked here at work. I'm sure they are awesome, however.
Less Paul
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by Less Paul »

Wow.
potato sausage
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 7

Post by potato sausage »

Thanks a lot moss13, as if I wasn't having a hard enough time trying to adjust back to "normal" life. You have to go a post a string of pictures like that :D :D :D Now I can really concentrate on work :D :D :D

Some pretty awesome pics, thanks for sharing!
moss13
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Post by moss13 »

Thanks. I like the updated forum and since Fonix has put up the random pictures I thought I would just go ahead and throw in a good variety to add to this great forum. Great idea. :D
"The Island Is Calling"
johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

Post by johnhens »

moss,
Your pictures are Great!!!!
johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

Post by johnhens »

Moskey Basin Sunrise
Attachments
P1020233.JPG
Less Paul
NewbieCake

Post by Less Paul »

Ringer.

:mrgreen:
Isle Royale Rob
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 10

Post by Isle Royale Rob »

June 30TH, 2008 Day 4 - 5:24am Pre-dawn at Chippewa Harbor. I love this shot, as the outline of the trees on the left look just like a Bull Moose!!
Photo by my Brother Ray Dumas (http://www.myspace.com/rtdphotography)
Attachments
2008-06-30 Isle Royale Day 4 (1a2) Pre Dawn 526AM Chippewa Harbor Dock RAYsmall.jpg
hiked 2000, hiked 2001, boater in 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011, solo hiked 2016, boater 2018, boater 2021, Boater 2022
10years=90days!!!
Less Paul
NewbieCake

Post by Less Paul »

The moose head thing is killer!

Awesome shot!

And alas, it's a sight my son will never see unless he looks at the photo. :wink:
Less Paul
NewbieCake

Post by Less Paul »

Ummmm...wait a minute...something seems a little Photoshop to me, no?

Trying to figure out how the trees would have to be positioned to get that antler part without mirroring in the water right below....

:wink:
Isle Royale Rob
Trailblazer

Less Paul wrote:Ummmm...wait a minute...something seems a little Photoshop to me, no?

Trying to figure out how the trees would have to be positioned to get that antler part without mirroring in the water right below....

:wink:
That shadow is from another tree next to the shore. here is another angle.

No Photoshop was done, i can attest

If you look at the bottom right corner of the first photo you can see he is on the dock, but near the shore. the second shot he is standing on the SE corner of the dock
Attachments
2008-06-30 Isle Royale Day 4 (1d1) Pre Dawn 533AM Chippewa Harbor Dock RAY.jpg
hiked 2000, hiked 2001, boater in 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011, solo hiked 2016, boater 2018, boater 2021, Boater 2022
10years=90days!!!
Less Paul
NewbieCake

Post by Less Paul »

The first shot looks like the photog stood back some distance and zoomed (prominent island in middle). The second looks like he was right up on the end of the dock and pulled back.

I can see how those silhouettes shift.

Not to impugn or anything. That would've been a great PS job if it were. 8)
Raydumas
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Post by Raydumas »

Hi everyone! Thanks for having this Great web site forum available! It brings me closer to my favorite place in the world, Isle Royale. I am sure everyone of you members on here Love this place like I do and it will be nice to have dialog with all of you! And who knows, maybe we will see each other one gloriaus day on the Island! I look forward to it. I would also like to say thanks to my big brother Rob for posting my picture for me. I tried last night while trying to watch the Tigers but I couldn't figure out how to download pictures the right way. I tried it with a Moose shot I took but it wasn't turning out right. Anyway, I will be coming to you IsleRoyaleRob for assistance because I would absolutely love to share my photography with everyone on here. And although I am comfortable (oh so much to still learn!) with my photography I can surely tell you that my Photoshop skills are far from adequate. I am a newbie only to the scaled down version of it and I am just now getting comfortable with only the basics of the program. As for the photograph Rob submitted for me, It was taken at 5:26 a.m. this June 30th. As usual I woke him up at 5:00 am (my usual wake up time on the island!) so he could get some footage on his new High Defintion Video camera and I could get some shots of that glorious sunrise! We got our shots and to be honest with you, I never even saw the moose shape in the Image until my nephew pointed it out to me while I was showing him some images I had taken. And now that is what I see everytime I look at it. I can't believe I never even saw it myself on the dock while I was shooting it. It's funny how it turned out. Anyway, I will be posting some other photos soon and I hope everyone enjoys them as much as I love taking them. Photography has always been a passion of mine and I look forward to going back again and again. See you on the trail! Ray
Attachments
Moose 15x12-1.jpg
Raydumas
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Post by Raydumas »

Hey I finally got this picture thing done. I only wish we could use larger files. Anyway here is the full image of the one I posted in my reply. This was in brady cove.
Attachments
moose.JPG
Isle Royale Rob
Trailblazer

No problem bro! You got the photo skills, i got the Video and computer skills! Keep Shooting!

And i know i'll see you on the trail!

That Me one the left, Ray on the right, and no it is not a photoshop, we are twins!
2008-07-01 Isle Royale Day 5 (2H1C1) Video & Photo guys on Ishpeming Trail RAY 2.jpg
10years=90days!!!