Sunrise to Sunset on Isle Royale National Park

Contains the infamous Picture of the Week thread, along with other pictures shared by members.

Moderator: Ingo

Tampico
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Post by Tampico »

This is too good not to share. Be sure to watch full-screen in HD.

Isle Royale Rob
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 10

Re: Sunrise to Sunset on Isle Royale National Park

Post by Isle Royale Rob »

That is a compilation of video i have shot over the last few visits. Glad you enjoyed it!
hiked 2000, hiked 2001, boater in 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011, solo hiked 2016, boater 2018, boater 2021, Boater 2022
10years=90days!!!
Tampico
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Post by Tampico »

Isle Royale Rob wrote:That is a compilation of video i have shot over the last few visits. Glad you enjoyed it!
Hey, no kidding! I was kind-of hoping it was put together by someone here. Thanks very much for all your ISRO videos; I watch them about once a week.

One question: in one scene, you are doing some tripod work on a beach with your boat just offshore. What beach is that? I recognized just about every other location but that one.
Isle Royale Rob
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 10

Post by Isle Royale Rob »

Tampico wrote:
Isle Royale Rob wrote:That is a compilation of video i have shot over the last few visits. Glad you enjoyed it!
Hey, no kidding! I was kind-of hoping it was put together by someone here. Thanks very much for all your ISRO videos; I watch them about once a week.

One question: in one scene, you are doing some tripod work on a beach with your boat just offshore. What beach is that? I recognized just about every other location but that one.
That was shot just to the south of Siskiwit River in Siskiwit Bay. That was just the perfect Isle Royale day! In fact, the shots of the sand under water and then the rocks and boulders underwater was shot as we approached the mouth of the river. I remember that the water was ice cold when i walked to shore!
hiked 2000, hiked 2001, boater in 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011, solo hiked 2016, boater 2018, boater 2021, Boater 2022
10years=90days!!!
Ernest T Bass
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by Ernest T Bass »

Isle Royale Rob wrote:
Tampico wrote:

That was shot just to the south of Siskiwit River in Siskiwit Bay. That was just the perfect Isle Royale day! In fact, the shots of the sand under water and then the rocks and boulders underwater was shot as we approached the mouth of the river. I remember that the water was ice cold when i walked to shore!
Hey Isle Royale Rob, thanks so much for putting those videos online. They are truly awesome, and like a mini vacation.
You ain't seen the last of Ernest T Bass!!!