ATTENTION: If you are having problems logging into the forum, please delete your browser's cookies.

All National Park maps available for free online.

Got some trip suggestions at another National Park, or know of a great place in the middle of no where? Share them here, plan your trips, and hook up with other individuals on the forum.

Moderator: alecto73

Topic author
johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 33

All National Park maps available for free online.

Post by johnhens » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:46 pm

Came across this, thought some here could use this for trips elsewhere.
http://www.tetongravity.com/story/cultu ... lot-easier

Midwest Ed
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 8

Re: All National Park maps available for free online.

Post by Midwest Ed » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:27 pm

Thanks John. Will come in handy since I just received my lifetime senior National Parks pass. It was only $10 and available at age 62. That's right, I'm officially an old Geezer at national parks and at least of couple of restaurants around town. Even though I lived in the U.P. for 4 years I've never been to Pictured Rocks. Beginning July 25th I'm on a different type of adventure this summer. Four days of a guided geoheritage tour throughout the Keweenaw, then 6 days of running around and camping the Keweenaw and the U.P. in a rented SUV ending with 3 days at my 40th reunion at Michigan Tech. One of the reunion activities is a meet and greet with Dr. Vucetich. Another is a tour/luncheon aboard the Ranger III.
8 trips, 1975 x 2, 1976 x 2, 1978, 1985, 2000, 2013

jerry
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 11

Post by jerry » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:05 am

Tell me more about this senior National Parks pass. I've got ten years on you.

Midwest Ed
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 8

Post by Midwest Ed » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:19 pm

jerry wrote:Tell me more about this senior National Parks pass. I've got ten years on you.
It's a one time fee (lifetime) of $10 for anyone 62 and older, that covers the entry fee at over 2000 Federal sites - National Parks, Monuments, Historical sites, Wilderness areas, Forests, etc. (plus S & H if you get it through the mail, $20 total including pass if first class mail is used.) It took about 2 weeks to get mine. It usually does NOT cover special daily user fees that are most commonly camping fees, etc. The $4 per day at IR or more $ at other places is not covered but at some other places the pass is good for a discount. It also covers the vehicle entry fee and a maximum of 3 additional adults accompanying you in your car. It's basically the equivalent of the $80 annual fee for non-geezers). It does not cover anything at IR but I think it's a great deal. You have to scan or photocopy or take a picture of your driver's license or other acceptable photo I.D and email it during online purchase. You can avoid the S & H and buy at the entrance gate of many places. I just wasn't sure if the first place I visited would be able issue it or how long it might take.

Overview FAQ

Store
8 trips, 1975 x 2, 1976 x 2, 1978, 1985, 2000, 2013

bobcat
NewbieCake

Post by bobcat » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:57 pm

At a lot of drive-in parks, the Senior pass gets you 50% off the camping fee too - so, for instance at the Grand Canyon, the Senior Pass covers entry fee plus half the camping fee. Well worth the bother of getting it!