New Food Choice from the North Shore

Discuss food & groceries, share recipes, and other backcountry cooking & food-related topics here!

Moderator: hooky

Topic author
johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 33

New Food Choice from the North Shore

Post by johnhens » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:09 am

On our way to Grand Portage, we stopped at Stoneharbor Wilderness Supply in Grand Marais, Mn. While perusing the the store, I noticed a new food items, Camp Chow. I spoke with the a sales person and found out they were made locally along the Gunflint Trail. I bought some to try them out. I will let you know what my taste buds say.
http://shop.trailcenterlodge.com/CAMP-CHOW_c2.htm

Topic author
johnhens
Forum Moderator

Re: New Food Choice from the North Shore

Post by johnhens » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:03 pm

Tried the mushroom hasbrowns this AM. Soaked the hashbrown mix for about 10 minutes in hot water and then fried them in oil. YUM!!!!! These would complement a lake trout filet, walleye fillet or pike fillet nicely!!

Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 10

Post by Ingo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:36 pm

johnhens wrote:Tried the mushroom hasbrowns this AM. Soaked the hashbrown mix for about 10 minutes in hot water and then fried them in oil. YUM!!!!! These would complement a lake trout filet, walleye fillet or pike fillet nicely!!
Geeezzz John, my foods all packed! May have to reconsider if we get up there early enough on Sunday.

Topic author
johnhens
Forum Moderator

Post by johnhens » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:39 pm

Mr. Ingo,
Hope you have agreat trip!!!
I have the berry cheesecake, a Turkey and dressing to be covered with mushroom gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes to try.