Water Taxi open seats Aug5

Questions about how to get to the island and where to stay near points of departure.

Moderator: dmdhiker

colvinch
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Water Taxi open seats Aug5

Post by colvinch »

We have 6 people and 3 canoes leaving from Rock Harbor on Aug 5th to Chippewa Harbor. The limit on the water taxi is 4 people and 2 canoes so we have to take 2 water taxis, this means we have room on one boat for 2 people and a canoe or 4 more people with no canoe, if anyone wants to hop on let me know we will make arrangements. This will not only reduce your costs but it will also help us out in cost reduction.

Chris
karebing
NewbieCake

Re: Water Taxi open seats Aug5

Post by karebing »

Hi. We MIGHT be interested....how much would it be? And when does the boat leave? I will have to speak with the others first. Karen
colvinch
LNT Expert

Post by colvinch »

The first boat leaves after the ranger talk and load up, then they will take those 4 plus canoes to chippewa then probably have a pickup and head back to get us, so probably be around 3 or so. I think it's about $35-$40 per person, I think with the 2 of us and our canoe there may only be room for 2 people and a canoe or 3 people. The max is 6 people on the boat and a canoe is considered one person. If interested I will make a call and get the specifics though
colvinch
LNT Expert

Post by colvinch »

Ok I called up there. Can either add 3 people or 2 people and 1 canoe

right now for the second boat I paid $188 (2 people 1 canoe)

+1 person the rate is $196
+2 $204
+3 $212 (~$35/person)

Chris
karebing
NewbieCake

Post by karebing »

Chris,

There are 4 of us so that won't work for us. Good luck....might see you on IR as we are there about the same time. :) Karaen