Transportation from Duluth to Grand Portage??

Questions about how to get to the island and where to stay near points of departure.

Moderator: dmdhiker

BackCountry11
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Transportation from Duluth to Grand Portage??

Post by BackCountry11 »

I just started to throw together my second Isle Royale trip. I'm planning to jump on the Voyager from Grand Portage on May 12th for Windigo. I'm coming from Marquette, MI and plan to take the bus from Marquette to Duluth on May 11th. I was wondering if anyone might know of any public transportation I could find to get from Duluth to Grand Portage at that time? Any help would be great. I can't seem to find much. Thanks.
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Re: Transportation from Duluth to Grand Portage??

Post by Ingo »

Yeah, this issue always comes up. I recall a thread here (I think last year) that steered someone towards someone in Duluth/Superior that will provide a ride--i'll let you search :). Out of curiousity I looked at the Superior Hiking Trail page and it looks like there may be a couple possibilities here to check out.
http://www.shta.org/Services/Transportation.php
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH