Post your trip! The Isle Royale Trip Calendar

Questions about how to get to the island and where to stay near points of departure.

Moderator: dmdhiker

Tightlines01
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 7

Re: Post your trip! The Isle Royale Trip Calendar

Post by Tightlines01 »

Lucky Chicken wrote:tightlines, are you bushwacking to hay bay?
Going to try.
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Post by fonixmunkee »

[strikeout]I noticed the trip log is broken. When I'm back home, I'll check it out.[/strikeout]

Trip calendar is fixed as of 23 Mar 14! Start logging your trips again!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
jjurhs
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by jjurhs »

I have tried to enter Are trip from May 12-16 but it's to hard
we are coming from copper harbor to rock harbor going to daisy the w Chic then to Mosey Basin to three Mile to rock harbor
RH to Daisy To Moskey to McCargoe to Daisy To RH 2014
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator

Post by fonixmunkee »

jjurhs wrote:I have tried to enter Are trip from May 12-16 but it's to hard
we are coming from copper harbor to rock harbor going to daisy the w Chic then to Mosey Basin to three Mile to rock harbor
You got it right! I see your trip in there, no problem.
Rafiki
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 7

Post by Rafiki »

Shelly and I had the intentions of bushwhacking to HayBay in 2012, but decided against it due to already hiking several miles and being on the 9th day of a 13 day trip. It was during that time that I concluded that if I am ever going to do any kind of bushwhacking it would be during a shorter trip of a week or less. Bushwhacking on longer trips is too draining for me especially when we're averaging 12-15 mile days. Plus Shelly would murder me. Well...it's been a while since I posted, probably will be a while longer before I have the opportunity to come back on here again...hope everyone is doing great!
343.1 Miles Hiked: 2004 (3 Days), 2010 (11 Days), 2011 (13 Days), 2012 X 2 (8 + 12 Days), 2013 (9 Days/Paddling), 2019 (30 Days/Paddling)
refuge
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Post by refuge »

Just posted my trip- the East Side Loop starting on June 13. I logged my third night incorrectly by accident... that should be Todd Harbor, not Little Todd. Excited to get back to the island!
Yosh
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 0

Post by Yosh »

I posted a trip Starting in Windigo May 25th 2015 and ending in Rock Harbor May 29th. As of right now it is a solo trip, and I am working out the details, camping locations, etc.. I am interested in finding someone to hike with, not sure if there is a board on here for that. I am a 32 y/o male, only a little crazy, so if anyone is interested, let me know. I am a new user to this site, and in the last 1/2 hour I've hade more questions answered than I thought I even had.
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator

Post by fonixmunkee »

Yosh wrote:I posted a trip Starting in Windigo May 25th 2015 and ending in Rock Harbor May 29th. As of right now it is a solo trip, and I am working out the details, camping locations, etc.. I am interested in finding someone to hike with, not sure if there is a board on here for that. I am a 32 y/o male, only a little crazy, so if anyone is interested, let me know. I am a new user to this site, and in the last 1/2 hour I've hade more questions answered than I thought I even had.
Congrats Yosh! You're the first one to post on the calendar for the 2015 hiking season. Your hike is now visible at http://isleroyaleforums.com/calendar and you can add in any other stops you make to the calendar as well.

Glad you are getting a lot of questions answered about IR. This whole forum is filled with people who are passionate about this beautiful place and love to help. Hope to see more of you hear, and a trip report after you get back in May!
Dell
NewbieCake

Post by Dell »

My wife and I will be spending our 19th Wedding anniversary on the island. Hiking from McCargo Cove to Todd Harbor to Hatchet Lake to West Chicken Bone to Chippewa Harbor, to Daisy Farm to Rock Harbor. :D Already counting down...... Chippewa Harbor is our optional stop, depending on time and how we are doing. Also we already have a built in extra day.
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator

Re: UPDATED: Post your trip! The Isle Royale Trip Calendar BETA

Post by fonixmunkee »

If you had a 2015 calendar entry on the old calendar, it's still there, but I didn't transfer it to the new one (sorry).

You can still view the old calendar at calendar
sachsjoh
NewbieCake

Post by sachsjoh »

Added our Calender!!!

Member of the I.R.B.A.
PartyPopperBoi
NewbieCake

Post by PartyPopperBoi »

:lol: Can't wait for me and my boi Chester Cheetah to get on the island and start the party! I'm packing at least 10 pounds of peanut butter if you know what I mean!!!! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Image
Kelly
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 9

Post by Kelly »

16-day May-June trip added for 2016.
2012 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023 | 2026 A Minong thorough hike