Grand portage rates and schedules posted

Questions about how to get to the island and where to stay near points of departure.

Moderator: dmdhiker

Lucky Chicken
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Grand portage rates and schedules posted

Post by Lucky Chicken »

the schedules and rates for the boats coming from Grand Portage have posted on their website. Still waiting on the reservation system, but it is good to know my dates still work!

Looks like the rate from Grand Portage to Windigo went up $2 this year... not too bad.
LeftOvers
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 20

Re: Grand portage rates and schedules posted

Post by LeftOvers »

Thanks for the notice - I've been looking from time to time myself.
Lucky Chicken
Bushwacker

Post by Lucky Chicken »

new update... looks like they are ahead of schedule and booking system is up and running... booked for the 14th through the 21st!
MrSniffles
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 6

Post by MrSniffles »

I'm attempting to book a trip and am having no trouble with selecting an outbound reservation (Grand Portage - Windigo), but when I try to select a return trip from beyond Windigo (using Malone Bay, Chippewa Harbor or Rock Harbor) back to Grand Portage on any applicable Tues-Thurs-Sun, I get no results to select. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Capt Don
IR Pro
Isle Royale Visits: 546

Post by Capt Don »

That will be experienced by anyone trying to book a return trip at this point. The programmers have not completed the loading of the new schedule and I've been informed that the VII inbound has yet to be loaded. We will update the news and events link on the homepage as soon as things are fully operational. Based on the progress that has been made I think it will be ready early next week though.
Thanks
Lucky Chicken
Bushwacker

Post by Lucky Chicken »

from the news and events page of isleroyaleboats.com

UPDATED FEBRUARY 1, 2014

ONLINE RESERVATIONS FOR 2014 CAN BE BOOKED NOW! THERE IS A BRIEF TUTORIAL BELOW TO ASSIST YOU. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL. IF WE ARE UNABLE TO RESOLVE YOUR QUESTIONS VIA EMAIL, WE WILL CALL YOU ON THE PHONE. THANKS VERY MUCH, WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ON THE BOAT!

Happy booking... hope to see some of you on the island!