Web Cam Escape

Questions about how to get to the island and where to stay near points of departure.

Moderator: dmdhiker

head2north
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 9

Web Cam Escape

Post by head2north »

I seem to check the Mott Island and Tobin Harbor Web Cams too frequently - One can only daydream so much.
Just checked to check out the Greenstone Skies and was surprised to see the Ranger III docked.

It has been too long since my last trip on the Ranger.... so am I wrong that the Ranger is supposed
to return back to Houghton on Saturday morning? why is it on Isle Royale tonight?
Attachments
Ranger III Saturday August 22 evening
Ranger III Saturday August 22 evening
drobarge
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 24

Re: Web Cam Escape

Post by drobarge »

It was blowing the oysters off the rocks from the south up here last night, my guess would be weather.
irhikers
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 25

Post by irhikers »

Here is the explanation of why the Ranger was seen Saturday evening, August 22 at the Mott Island dock.

The Isle Royale & Keweenaw Parks Association's 2015 annual membership meeting was held August 22 in Rock Harbor on Isle Royale, in conjunction with the celebration of Isle Royale National Park's 75th anniversary and dedication of its new alternative energy systems. The Ranger III will depart from Houghton Friday morning, August 21, as usual but will depart Rock Harbor at 9:00 Sunday morning, August 23, instead of Saturday.
philcourt
NewbieCake

Post by philcourt »

The Ranger was at Mott to participate in the 75th anniversary celebration of Isle Royale on Saturday the 22nd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Stile
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by Stile »

That explains what people were talking about. News was Rock harbor and the nearby areas were loaded as heck. Nobody seemed to know what was going on. But then we weren't in the area. On the 22nd we were in Todd Harbor. Had the shelter and the whole campground to ourselves. Beats a meeting and festivities any day.

Stile