Boating Question (Bass Boating to the Island)

Questions about how to get to the island and where to stay near points of departure.

Moderator: dmdhiker

hooky
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Re: Boating Question (Bass Boating to the Island)

Post by hooky »

Best of luck to you. We occasionally fish Lake Michigan in a buddy's 21' Procraft. We have to watch the weather and wind, timing it just right for the 2 hour drive up. It doesn't take much to make it a dicey proposition just getting out of the harbor.
ARRC
NewbieCake

Post by ARRC »

Please share your trip when you return.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Capt Don
IR Pro
Isle Royale Visits: 546

Post by Capt Don »

Sorry, the Hat Point location is for ferry passenger parking only. There is no launching of boats, parking for boaters, camping or sleeping in vehicles allowed there. It is a ferry terminal only. The Grand Portage Marina and RV park is the only facility in the Grand Portage area that provides any of these amenities.
Rexbo
NewbieCake

Post by Rexbo »

Quick update from my trip in August of 2017. I made the journey from Grand Portage, MN to Windigo and then circumnavigated the island over 10 days by myself in my 2007 Bass Boat. What an amazing journey and story to tell. I'm working on updating my log to make it readable as I was making quick notes daily to document my excursion.
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by Ingo »

Rexbo wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:53 am Quick update from my trip in August of 2017. I made the journey from Grand Portage, MN to Windigo and then circumnavigated the island over 10 days by myself in my 2007 Bass Boat. What an amazing journey and story to tell. I'm working on updating my log to make it readable as I was making quick notes daily to document my excursion.
Would love to read your log!
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
ARRC
NewbieCake

Post by ARRC »

Rexbo wrote:Quick update from my trip in August of 2017. I made the journey from Grand Portage, MN to Windigo and then circumnavigated the island over 10 days by myself in my 2007 Bass Boat. What an amazing journey and story to tell. I'm working on updating my log to make it readable as I was making quick notes daily to document my excursion.
I would love to hear about your adventure.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk