Voyaguer II Taking Reservations

Questions about how to get to the island and where to stay near points of departure.

Moderator: dmdhiker

Nick
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 23

Voyaguer II Taking Reservations

Post by Nick »

The automated reservations system is not working, but Don and Co. are taking reservations by phone. They are manually entering everything. It's fun to listen to him talk his way through the data entry process. I though I was the only one who talked my computer! :D
trailgoat
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Re: Voyaguer II Taking Reservations

Post by trailgoat »

Thanks for the heads-up on the Voyager. I'll be calling Don within the next few days to secure my taxi in mid-July. In fact, I'll be making all my reservations for my July trip this coming week. That's when the 'real' excitement begins and the trip suddenly becomes 'real'. :D
"In wildness is the preservation of the world."

Henry David Thoreau
sgerbs
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by sgerbs »

For those who have taken the VII, how early should I put in my reservations. My wife and I are planning on going to IR in June, but I need to get time off first and I won't know for sure until early March what week I can go. Will it be hard to get reservations or will I be all right?
2009: MC, WC, HL, SLD, WC
Nick
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 23

Post by Nick »

Like anything else, the earlier the better. I think that there was one time I couldn't get on for an intra-island trip, but I've never been denied a spot. Don and Jennifer go above and beyond to accommodate you. If there's room, you'll get on.
philranger
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 9

Post by philranger »

I have used the VII on 3 of my 4 trips. Last year was the first time, I called too late and couldn't leave on the day I wanted. I have ever experienced a full boat except last year and that was probably due to the fact the Wenonah wasn't sailing to and fro.
Isle Royale Trips: 2005-RH to Windigo via Greenstone. 2006-McCargoe Cove to Chippewa Harbor. 2007-RH to Daisy Farm and back. 2008-Feltmann loop. 2009-McCargoe Cove to Chippewa Harbor. 2013-Minong Ridge. 2014-Windigo+Huginnin Cove. 2015-Lookout Louise to LC to DF to MB. 2018-McCargoe to Todd to HL to Malone Bay. 2021-Windigo/Huginnin. 2022-RH-DF-MB-CH