Copper Harbor - North Port Motel

Questions about how to get to the island and where to stay near points of departure.

Moderator: dmdhiker

Don_P
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Copper Harbor - North Port Motel

Post by Don_P »

Has anyone stayed at North Port Motel? We're bringing our girls and like the separate bedrooms in the doubles. The other motels don't seem to offer this and I don't want to rent a separate room (although we really like Bella Vista...).
srparr
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 20

Re: Copper Harbor - North Port Motel

Post by srparr »

I stayed there in 2003 with the family. Not a fancy place, but it was quiet and the rooms were clean. It is not on the water, but it was very reasonable for spending the night before catching a ride on the Queen in the morning.
Don_P
LNT Expert

Post by Don_P »

We're booked to stay at North Port the night before/after our trip in late August. Will let you know how our experience is.
MikeW
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by MikeW »

Stayed there in 2007. The photos on the website show it all - no frills. The rooms are clean and the showers are hot. Very reasonably priced and would stay again.
troop402miamisburg
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by troop402miamisburg »

We stayed there this past June, rooms were clean the owners were friendly, though I will say that if anyone is allergic to smoke just be aware that at least to us it appeared that there were no non smoking rooms so some of the rooms do smell a tad smokey. But the rate is very reasonable and you are only 1 minute fromthe dock
Don_P
LNT Expert

Post by Don_P »

My experience was similar to others - friendly owners and clean room. Very close to the dock and the price was great! Loved having the second bedroom for the girls. Not fancy by any stretch but serviceable.

Use caution if you're sensitive to smoke... or ask if they have non-smoking rooms.