Website for buying and selling used camping equipment?

Questions about equipment and supplies to bring on a trip (including reviews).

Moderator: hooky

LeftOvers
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 20

Website for buying and selling used camping equipment?

Post by LeftOvers »

I'd like to buy a Kelty Tioga backpack. The frame is what I most want.

Does anyone know of a website where people buy and sell used camping equipment? I've been watching Craig's List(s) for most of Wisconsin and haven't seen many at a price I wanted to pay (for some, I just never got replies).

Thanks.
drobarge
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 24

Re: Website for buying and selling used camping equipment?

Post by drobarge »

tree rattt
May actually live on IR

Post by tree rattt »

If you have an old frame that you like for a pattern they are pretty simple to build.I built one last spring. it cost around 20 bucks.I didn't weld it though ,I used poprivets .So far so good :) . Just a thought.

I am assuming that you need an aluminum frame???I don't know that model of pack.
LeftOvers
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 20

Post by LeftOvers »

Thanks Drobarge for the info on the Gear Trade website. Do you have any experience buying or selling on it?
And, Tree Rattt, interesting suggestion. Actually, I have a Kelty Tioga in excellent shape - I could use it as a model.

The full story - I love the comfort and fit of the Tioga. It's been perfect for long distances on trails, and it's the one I learned in. I've carried it in separate trips for several months in total. I want to make a lighter pack for it and wanted to have both available at the same time (surprising how many companions I've outfitted with what I have). I have another frame that might be modified or cannibalized for my purpose.