Mail drop to Windigo

Questions about equipment and supplies to bring on a trip (including reviews).

Moderator: hooky

Donk_67
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Mail drop to Windigo

Post by Donk_67 »

Hello all, after skipping a 2016 visit, I'm making plans for my 3rd visit in early June, 2017. Planning a big trip before my sidekick (aka. my son) has to start adulting and the inherent schedule conflicts that come with adulthood. The goal is to sail on the Queen Memorial Day to Rock Harbor and then beat-feeting to McCargo to hike the Minong hitting part of the Greenstone on the return journey....9 or 10 days on the isle, that's a lot of food to carry. I'm thinking of taking my chances and spending the money for a resupply at Windigo store...or possibly mailing a food drop. Reading last year's Greenstone, I didn't see any info regarding mail, but seem to remember that being a possibility.

Does anybody recall the procedure or has past experience with mailing food drops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IncaRoads
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Re: Mail drop to Windigo

Post by IncaRoads »

Link to previous discussion on food drops ---> http://www.isleroyaleforums.com/viewtop ... 9437#p9437
Donk_67
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by Donk_67 »

Thank you IncaRoads. I remember seeing this before but had lousy results in my search. Accessing forum through Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DonNewcomb
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by DonNewcomb »

It costs more but you can also UPS a box to Voyager II and have them deliver it on a specific day.