Trail Cam

Questions about equipment and supplies to bring on a trip (including reviews).

Moderator: hooky

johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

Trail Cam

Post by johnhens »

I bought a trail cam for the yard. Got me thinking about bringing it next time we go to the Island. Has anyone done this?
chief54
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 30

Re: Trail Cam

Post by chief54 »

I will be bringing my Moultrie M 40 game camera, that I use around my chicken coup. this will be along with 2 DSLR's, Nikon waterproof and Go Pro. I have always brought cheap little disposable cameras due to weight considerations when backpacking, but this trip I will be utilizing water taxis and Voyageur to access Moskey, Daisy, Windigo, base camp and spend a couple of days at each to do some astro photography, sunrise/sunset and all around landscape images. It will be interesting to see what the Moultrie captures at night around camp. What kind of trail camera due you use?
First visit at age 8 in 1963 numerous times since then,last visit 2021, 30+ times
johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

Post by johnhens »

Moultrie 30I. Share your results if you don't mind!! When are you going?
chief54
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 30

Post by chief54 »

For sure will share them, I will be going out on Ranger 6/8 during new moon and will be spending 10 days and heading back out in sea plane. This will be first time using sea plane hoping for some good video/stills
First visit at age 8 in 1963 numerous times since then,last visit 2021, 30+ times
hooky
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by hooky »

That's a great idea. I've never thought of doing this until I read on the islands facebook page about someone wanting to try it. Was that you by chance?
Tampico
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Post by Tampico »

Back in 2007, I was docked at McCargoe Cove. I got up very early and discovered many wolf prints around the picnic tables just a few yards from the boat. It would have been cool to see who visited us during the night.