ATTENTION: If you are having problems logging into the forum, please delete your browser's cookies.
- Deleting cookies in Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... ktop&hl=en
- Deleting cookies in Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ge-cookies
Questions about water transportation and fishing on the island.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Forum Moderator
- Posts: 1443
- Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:11 pm
- Isle Royale Visits: 10
- Location: Hillsborough, NC
This chart of what fish are in which lakes used to be on the NPS site, but apparently no longer is. There's been some questions about it's accuracy, but on the whole has seemed pretty consistent with reports.
- May actually live on IR
- Posts: 317
- Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 9:19 pm
- Isle Royale Visits: 7
- Location: Kentwood MI
Pumpkinseed is basically a blue gill. Typically they are more green and have a red/black spot on their gill cover instead of a blue/black one like blue gills. You've almost certainly caught one before and not realized it if you fished blue gills before.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:21 pm
- Isle Royale Visits: 2
- Location: Southeast Michigan
Ah, now I know why my son spent hours fishing in Desor last summer and didn't even have a nibble. The view from his fishing rock was outstanding though! Thanks for posting this chart.