Mid June Fishing...

Questions about water transportation and fishing on the island.

Moderators: Ingo, johnhens

TyroneousMonk
NewbieCake

Mid June Fishing...

Post by TyroneousMonk »

Does any one know what is hot on the line in mid June? I see the water temps are in the low 40's, any tips for a first timer heading to Duncan Bay?
johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

Re: Mid June Fishing...

Post by johnhens »

You will do well with northern on the bay North of the CG. Try the waters East of the narrows for lake trout.
Lucky Chicken
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Post by Lucky Chicken »

I dont know... but I am hopeing my crank baits and spoons work from shore on our mid june trip. Supperior and Feldtmann. Good luck!
johnhens
Forum Moderator

Post by johnhens »

Lucky Chicken wrote:I dont know... but I am hopeing my crank baits and spoons work from shore on our mid june trip. Supperior and Feldtmann. Good luck!
We have always done well at Feldtmann, we were there in August wade fishing. May be a little chilly in June. Off the beach at the campsites. Where are you fishing Superior?
Lucky Chicken
Bushwacker

Post by Lucky Chicken »

Siskiwit bay, washington harbor, and probably try huginnin cove all from the shore. Hopefully we find something, if not we will have a good time anyway!
johnhens
Forum Moderator

Post by johnhens »

Lucky Chicken wrote:Siskiwit bay, washington harbor, and probably try huginnin cove all from the shore. Hopefully we find something, if not we will have a good time anyway!
We are planning on going to Hay Bay, I will let you know how we do there, and trying some of the reefs off Malone Bay.
Try the mouth of Washingting creek either early or late. I have heard of folks casting at Hugginin and catching a fish or two. Might be worth trying the waters between Beaver Island and shore (both ends). The dock at Windigo. If you can get where Grace Creek enters into Washington harbor, might be worth a try.
Lucky Chicken
Bushwacker

Post by Lucky Chicken »

should be able to do most of those... we plan on renting a canoe from the store for at least a day. Dosen't Grace Creek dump into Grace harbor? We could try to cross country it, I'll have to study the map/ satalite images some more to see if it is possable. Thanks for the tips!