ATTENTION: If you are having problems logging into the forum, please delete your browser's cookies.
- Deleting cookies in Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... ktop&hl=en
- Deleting cookies in Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ge-cookies
Questions about water transportation and fishing on the island.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- IR Expert
- Posts: 990
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:25 am
- Isle Royale Visits: 8
- Location: Quad Cities, IL
Johnhens just posted a great link in the History forum about the restoration and maintenance of the rustic cabins of Isle Royale. When reading through the article I noticed a great picture of the inside of the Snell cottage at Tobin Harbor. It featured one wall covered in lures. Pay particular attention to the size and coloring of the spoons. I was able to find a high resolution of the photo on article's website. I would normally downsize the photo but in this case it helps to make out the details.
8 trips, 1975 x 2, 1976 x 2, 1978, 1985, 2000, 2013
- Forum Moderator
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:10 pm
- Isle Royale Visits: 33
- Location: Big Rock, IL
It is interesting that most of the lures seen are spoons (and dogers to attract). No rapalas or crankbait/minnow type lures. No jigs that I can see. I bring a good selection of what is there if I am paddling.