I.R. afterall!

Questions about water transportation and fishing on the island.

Moderators: Ingo, johnhens

colvinch
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Re: I.R. afterall!

Post by colvinch »

Ingo wrote:
colvinch wrote:Ingo, you can buy a week fishing license online at the MI DNR website
That's great! I just checked it out. Last time I checked a few years ago you couldn't get it online w/o a MI license or "Sportcard", but now they let you buy the Sportcard for an extra buck at the same time. Very nice for us 1000+ miles away :)

The thing I really like about it is that you can print your license out at home and just tape or laminate it, I think over the last 3 years I have forgotten about picking it up at the end of march and the night before the trout opener there I am printing it out at 1am...this interweb thing is great
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by Ingo »

Trip planning progress: Spousal approval. Boat reservations. Vacation approved. Reservations at Ryden's the night before. First Aid kit checked, restocked. New life jacket to replace a 30+ yr old one. Got Croc knock-offs for campshoes. Tentative menu. Gear list done.
Remaining: Build canoe rack for pickup. Pack. Provision. GO!
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
Ingo
Forum Moderator

Post by Ingo »

Only 9 days till I leave and 13 days to the Island! Gear spread out in the guest room. Food purchased and repackaged (mostly). Stove tested. Tent set up and checked out (I didn't use it last). Canoe rack for truck built. New stuff sack and camp towel for the ones I can't find (I'll find them now, of course). Throw the clothes together and I'm ready to go!
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
Ingo
Forum Moderator

Post by Ingo »

We're now 1000 miles closer to I.R. :) A couple days with family, 500 more miles, and we're on the boat Monday! Can't wait :P
johnhens
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 34

Post by johnhens »

John,
Nice meeting you, hope the rain wasn't too bad!! Have a great trip!!!
Ingo
Forum Moderator

Post by Ingo »

johnhens wrote:John,
Nice meeting you, hope the rain wasn't too bad!! Have a great trip!!!
It was great to meet you too John! We hit the rain and construction in Rockford about the same time, of course, but it wasn't as bad as it looked. Had a great lightening show though!