Water Level

Questions regarding Weather, Bugs, Northern Lights and other "natural" phenomena.

Moderator: drobarge

Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Water Level

Post by Ingo »

Superior is 9" below last year and 15" below the long-term avg. Here's an interesting link:
http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/data/now/wlevels/levels.html
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
jrwiesz
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Re: Water Level

Post by jrwiesz »

Photos from Aug 2010, and Aug 2005 at Siskiwit Lake spill. Also, a lakeshore view of Aug 2010.

Of course, in the first two, you can see they are from opposing views, but, you get the idea.

Has anyone noticed/viewed the water level at this site this season? Report to share?
Attachments
Isle Royale Aug 2010 Siskiwit Lake spill-resize.jpg
Isle Royale Aug 2005 Siskiwit Lake spill-resize.jpg
Isle Royale Aug 2010 Siskiwit Lake shoreline-resize.jpg
"And standing on the the crest of the Greenstone Ridge, I suddenly had this desire to retreat north to where I just come, to stay in the backcountry, to spend another day in a place where the only deadline I had was to pitch the tent before dark."
Jim DuFresne
waterproofflinker
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 0

Post by waterproofflinker »

How phenomenal is it?, the water level really passed over the fence.It was considered as one of the longest hydrometeorological in North America.
Tampico
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Post by Tampico »

It is what it is, unfortunately. We just have to live with it.

At many places around the lake, a few inches doesn't matter much. At Isle Royale it can ruin a trip and cost thousands in damage below the waterline.