Picture courtesy of IR Forums members

Isle Royale Forums

Welcome to the Isle Royale Forums - a great resource to research and explore Isle Royale National Park!

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Sunrise and Sunset in Late September 
IR Expert

Isle Royale Visits: 4
Does anyone have a record or know where I can find one regarding sunrise and sunset times at Isle Royale? Also I know I should know this by now, but it's slipping my mind at the moment, the island is on Eastern Time correct? Thanks.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:46 pm
Forum Moderator

Isle Royale Visits: 12
I always use USNO's site: http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneYear.php

You can be simple and plug in something like "Grand Marais" in Minnesota, or use the second form and use actual coordinates. Note: The time on form one comes up as Standard Time, so add an hour.
For form two, you need to plug that in. EDT is GMT-4.

That's perhaps the one thing I don't care about mid-late Sept on the Isle. Beautiful color, but it does get darker early...

Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:28 am
IR Expert

Isle Royale Visits: 4
Thanks for the site Tom. It appears as though there are a couple of sites that have programs that allow you to punch in information like this one, but since you recommended this one, I'm sticking with it :)

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:32 am
Trailblazer

Isle Royale Visits: 15
Tom wrote:

I'll have to try that one. I've been happy using http://www.sunrisesunset.com/USA/NationalParks/. And, going to the site to grab the URL just now, I see that you can actually just select Isle Royale NP from a dropdown list and go - I think that's a newer feature. I've adjusted the URL above to take you right to the National Parks page.

As to time, yes Eastern, though the only thing about time that I care about is when do the sun and moon rise and set and when do I have to be on the dock to catch the boat home.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]