Lake Superior Ice Cover Map 2015

Questions regarding Weather, Bugs, Northern Lights and other "natural" phenomena.

Moderator: drobarge

tree rattt
May actually live on IR

Re: Lake Superior Ice Cover Map 2015

Post by tree rattt »

Well, that looks like all we can ask for. With just a little luck????
treeplanter
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 12

Post by treeplanter »

I gather that the Canadians are analyzing satellite photos when they draw up these ice maps. It’d be nice if somebody in the area could confirm if there is good ice between the island and the mainland. Hopefully the researchers will say something too.

Whatever, cold weather is forecasted to stay firmly entrenched in the Great Lakes area for the rest of the month. If an ice bridge is really there, it should stay there for awhile.
treeplanter
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 12

Post by treeplanter »

This is interesting. Because of the bitter cold temps the entire Great Lakes area haas been experiencing as of late, there's now a sizable area of thick lake ice (the green on the map) extending from the mainland to the island.

tree rattt
May actually live on IR

Post by tree rattt »

That is interesting.I also find the open water going away fast!
Sat or Sunday maybe?I am no fan of these temps though.It makes the wood pile go away too fast :) .I wonder how late the lake will be iced over this year?

Seems that they are having problems locating wolves, sure hope they didn't sneak off.Of course that could force the timeline on wolf reintroduction,but I doubt it ;) .