ATTENTION: If you are having problems logging into the forum, please delete your browser's cookies.
- Deleting cookies in Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... ktop&hl=en
- Deleting cookies in Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ge-cookies
Questions regarding Weather, Bugs, Northern Lights and other "natural" phenomena.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Forum Moderator
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:10 pm
- Isle Royale Visits: 33
- Location: Big Rock, IL
For a lot of the folks who have taken the first boat, this should come as no surprise. Temps in the UP got down into the teens last night. For those who are first time visitors on the first boat, bring warm gear.
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:57 am
- Isle Royale Visits: 20
- Location: DeTour Village, mi
Only 12 people on the first boat. No first boat cake this year, but they had sliders for breakfast. Water was dead calm and some skim ice on the surface. Dropped off 10 Moose Watch volunteers at Windigo. Rangers had to move an ice flow away from the dock. Of course, we were met by Ranger Val. Since McCargo was still frozen, the other hiker and I went directly to Chippewa Harbor where he headed for Lake Richie, I set up in Shelter 3, and the Voyageur turned around and headed back to Grand Portage.