Rolf and John need your help!!

Questions regarding the Flora and Fauna on the island.

Moderator: johnhens

Keweenaw
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 30

Rolf and John need your help!!

Post by Keweenaw »

Dear Friends and Supporters,

The wolf-moose project of Isle Royale needs your help. We are looking for volunteers to join Research Expeditions to be conducted during spring and summer of 2009. These expeditions are a vital aspect of the project’s field research and a truly unique opportunity to learn about the wolves and moose of Isle Royale. All the details are at www.isleroyalewolf.org/participate.

During the past 20 years, more than 500 people have participated in these expeditions. The experience is rich, and many have returned to participate in more than one expedition.

Success had been due, in part, to help from the Earthwatch Institute, a large organization that connects environmentally-oriented volunteers to projects in need of such support. For reasons related to the economy, the Earthwatch Institute will not be assisting us in our effort to find volunteers.

Now it will be difficult to find enough volunteers. If you are able and interested, please consider joining one of these expeditions. It will be an unforgettable experience. Even if you are unable to participate, please consider sharing this information with others who might be interested.

Sincerely,

John Vucetich & Rolf Peterson

P.S. For those interested, we recently added two new essays to the website, they are at www.isleroyalewolf.org/essays.
My leatherwork is available through my Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/BirchCreekLeather
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

Re: Rolf and John need your help!!

Post by fonixmunkee »

Thanks for posting this. I got the email, but didn't get a chance to put it up here. An excellent opportunity for anyone. I have a friend going back to school and plans on participating in this to augment his studies. What a helluva idea.
Backpacker534
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 9

Re: Rolf and John need your help!!

Post by Backpacker534 »

Wow, this would be amazing! I would love to do this but, it just will not work out for me. It would be an awesome learning experience and an honor to work alongside these people. And, you'd be able to say you were a small part of this 50+ year study at Isle Royale.