TR 5-28-14 to 6-5-14 Win >Dsy Frm via Hugginin &Minong

Reports or links to reports on trips.

Moderator: Tom

Donk_67
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Re: TR 5-28-14 to 6-5-14 Win >Dsy Frm via Hugginin &Minong

Post by Donk_67 »

Great trip report Tree! I especially liked your techniques for redirecting your daughter with a rabbit --changes in attitude works wonders-- I've had to use this technique myself...on teenagers. No mention of the playful fox at Daisy Farm? I had a dawn time encouter with that playful critter last year... not that I exactly encouraged it.

Rafiki, I like your backpacking philosphy about striking a balance between weight and comfort. I like to be as light as possible, but I won't go without enough food to fuel my body with. Last year, I had my food weight dialed in perfectly...I only had extra because of a fish boil offerred up by friendly MN fishermen at Moskey :-) And I never went hungry. Fuel on the other hand was overkill...won't make that mistake this year as I have to purchase my cannister on the Isle.
tree rattt
May actually live on IR

Re: TR 5-28-14 to 6-5-14 Win >Dsy Frm via Hugginin &Minong

Post by tree rattt »

Thanks Donk 67 ! Ya we all have to use the tools put in front of us ....proper attidude is everything! :) I will find out this weekend if I broke her on IR when we do a trip to Sylvania....along with my 2 first timer nefews....teenagers ....so I will be trying to keep up good morale!

Hope it works :)