CONTEST: Pick your favorite IR forums post and win a calenda

Questions, answers, suggestions and/or opinions about this web board or, the Isle Royale Info web site. If it's a Web Board or Web Site operational question, check here for an answer or, to ask a question.

Moderator: fonixmunkee

fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 18

CONTEST: Pick your favorite IR forums post and win a calenda

Post by fonixmunkee »

With no one venturing out to the the island this time of year, and most of spent planning our holidays rather than another trip back, I thought we'd keep the conversation alive on the forums here with a little contest. Here's how it works:
  • Simply pick your favorite post of 2012 on the forums and link to it here. Your favorite post might be one that you got the most information from, one that contained your favorite picture, or one that has the most humor in it. Simply select the post, then link to it with a reply below
  • Be sure to REPLY to this post and link to your favorite post ONLY ONCE. Only your first post will count; all others will be disregarded!
  • How do you link to a SPECIFIC post? Easy, simply find the post, then click the bold subject line for the post. This will give you a URL such as this:

Code: Select all

http://isleroyaleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1894#p12396
    Notice the URL contains a hash mark, followed by a number? That's the number of the post, and anyone who click that link will jump automatically down the page to your favorite post. Try it out by clicking here: http://isleroyaleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 894#p12396
So what will you win? If your vote for favorite post is selected, you'll get a free copy of Ingo's custom-made 2013 "Reflections on Nature" calendar, featuring beautiful photos from Isle Royale!
2012-12-18 12.00.32.jpg
Contest deadline: You have until 12am on December 31st to submit your entry for favorite post. After that, we will randomly select a winner using random.org.

Good luck!
Last edited by fonixmunkee on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Added link to calendar preview
SamMc
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Re: CONTEST: Pick your favorite IR forums post and win a cal

Post by SamMc »

OK if a new guy goes first? Haven't been everywhere on these boards, but my favorite post so far is this one:

http://isleroyaleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 985#p12813

The beautiful pics have really gotten me excited about my own trip to IR this coming August.

Thanks
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by Ingo »

FYI, here's a preview page of the calendar: http://moskeybasin.com/Calendars/2013.html
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
drobarge
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 24

Post by drobarge »

srparr
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 20

Post by srparr »

I'm a sucker for trip reports with pictures ...

http://www.isleroyaleforums.com/viewtop ... f=8&t=1866
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator

Post by fonixmunkee »

It definitely seems like Trip Reports (with pictures) are the popular posts here. And it was very fun for me to go back and read through them and look at the pictures. Thanks for your votes so far, everyone!
Rafiki
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 7

Post by Rafiki »

Thanks for the vote Dro. How are you guys doing? I miss you all very much and the island too! You guys are the best and closest thing I have to being on the island in between my the trips I take each year. I recently got hired to a new job position and it has not left me with any time to see how you have been. I will be off of the next two weeks and hope to connect with a lot of you while I am free. I also have the intentions of writing my trip report that I still owe you from my September Trip. It will be a great opportunity to revisit the island even though we all cannot be there right now and it will give me a chance to make a good push for that calander. I shall begin posting next week :) Hope you areall well and have a great holiday in the mean time.
343.1 Miles Hiked: 2004 (3 Days), 2010 (11 Days), 2011 (13 Days), 2012 X 2 (8 + 12 Days), 2013 (9 Days/Paddling), 2019 (30 Days/Paddling)
Ingo
Forum Moderator

Post by Ingo »

Pictures! Any post with PICTURES!
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
Tom
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 16

Post by Tom »

Not sure if I'm too late, but I like this one:
http://www.isleroyaleforums.com/viewtop ... =10&t=1786

(Kinda speaks to the benefit of this forum; content is beating the NPS to it's own website!)
IncaRoads
Forum Moderator

Post by IncaRoads »

I like trip reports that include a section on lessons learned.....
http://isleroyaleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1720
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator

Post by fonixmunkee »

The contest ends tonight! Keep those votes coming!
churchill330
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 8

Post by churchill330 »

I've been a long time reader of this Forum. And had to finally become a member to submit my vote for the best Post. I've read them all (i think) And the one that consumed a lot of my time at work, and i got lost in more that once.

http://isleroyaleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1821

I think some might agree, and I look forward to the one to follow..
Rafiki
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 7

Post by Rafiki »

Hello Churchill,

I thank you very much for your vote and for you joining the forum to make this your first post. I am sorry have not started my second trip report yet when I promised that I was going to start it last week. The holiday season has been hecktic to say the least, but I will do my best to begin it in the upcoming days. Welcome to the forums. Have a Happy New Year.

Again I miss everyone of you and wish that you as well have a Happy New Year too.
343.1 Miles Hiked: 2004 (3 Days), 2010 (11 Days), 2011 (13 Days), 2012 X 2 (8 + 12 Days), 2013 (9 Days/Paddling), 2019 (30 Days/Paddling)
bergman
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 16

Post by bergman »

I'm not voting, but thanks to whoever thought of this post contest, as i had one of my best laughs of 2012 over Rafiki's machinations over the letter Q in the grocery store game. It would have been classic if a moose had stepped out to join him on the trail, at the same moment that he was all wrapped up in the "Q" struggle. Talk about priceless... Thanx
fonixmunkee
Forum Moderator

Post by fonixmunkee »

And we have a winner!

Here's how I assigned numbers to the votes:

1 SamMC
2 drobarge
3 srparr
4 Tom
5 IncaRoads
6 Churchill330

And...drumroll please...RANDOM.org says: #5, IncaRoads is our winner!
winner.png
winner.png (3.94 KiB) Viewed 11298 times