TR 8/4-8/9 2017 [Backpacking] [Video log of RH, 3M, MB, MCC, DF, RH]

Reports or links to reports on trips.

Moderator: Tom

thesneakymonkey
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 3

TR 8/4-8/9 2017 [Backpacking] [Video log of RH, 3M, MB, MCC, DF, RH]

Post by thesneakymonkey »

The link below will take you to a video log of our trip to IRNP. We had an absolute blast. We took a lot of advice from these forums and want to say thanks. Stats and such can be found in the video descriptions. Please let me know what you think. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... tPyHB1ymtF :D
Base654
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 15

Re: TR 8/4-8/9 2017 [Backpacking] [Video log of RH, 3M, MB, MCC, DF, RH]

Post by Base654 »

Great videos!! Many other people ask questions about this route. Your video will make an awesome informational video for people headed to the Island for the first time. You have just enough video of the sites and the routes without being long winded. I plan to funnel man of the questions that come up to your videos. A picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks!!
thesneakymonkey
May actually live on IR

Thanks for watching! I'm glad it will be able to help others. That was the idea behind all the hiking videos I do. There are very few IR YouTube vids out there so we thought this would be a cool trip to document. Feel free to share as much as you want! Thanks again.
torpified
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 6

Post by torpified »

Hooray! In the dead of winter, I'm occasionally reduced to riding my trainer (essentially a stationary bike) for exercise. I pass the time watching youtube videos of hikes I wish I could be doing. Now I've got this and Feldtmann loop (so far!) to look forward to. Thanks!
thesneakymonkey
May actually live on IR

Hope they will help pass the time! I love watching hiking videos of places I would rather be! We post quite a few videos of other trails as well.
kolo
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 11

Post by kolo »

I enjoyed watching your videos; thanks for sharing!

So glad you saw a moose on your trip! I have been to the Isle eight years in a row and the moose you saw was bigger than any I have seen there. Up until Rock Harbor, I believe your best chance of seeing moose would have been the other trail to Mt. Ojibway from Daisy Farm. When I was there in June I heard lots of reports of people seeing them on that trail.

I can certainly relate to the sad feelings of leaving the island at the end of your trip. I always have a difficult time leaving the island; it is such a peaceful place. It gets into your soul. I believe the sound of loons is the best alarm clock that there is!
thesneakymonkey
May actually live on IR

Thanks for watching!

We were quite happy we finally saw a moose. Everyone we passed had seen one (most near the chicken bones and Moskey).

I'm already planning a trip back. Can't wait to get back out there. So many more options for trails and campgrounds.