Senior Pass

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

Stephen
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Senior Pass

Post by Stephen »

I just want to be sure that a senior pass will cover all my camping fees, entrance fees for a wk long trip coming up in a couple of weeks on the Island. From what I have read here and the park service it should, but if someone can let me know for sure I would appreciate it. It just seems odd that I bought this in May of this year for such a low charge and it would be that great of a deal. Thanks
paulbates
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Re: Senior Pass

Post by paulbates »

Hard to believe, but true. A park pass is all you need to pay for and have to be on the Island. If you're camping, even at your own backcountry sites; there is a form that they will fill out with you to document where you're going, but no fee is charged; you just need to show your park pass.

If you feel to cash heavy, they will take your money at the restaurants and stores at Rock Harbor and Windigo :wink:

Paul
Stephen
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 2

Post by Stephen »

Thank you for the reply. I wanted to get a pass and when I ordered it, I couldn't believe how cheap it was for what it offered. It took a couple of months to get it and it is worth every penny.
paulbates
LNT Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 3

Post by paulbates »

Yes. I'm close to, but not quite ready for the Senior Pass. Because its unlikely I will go to another NP this year, I bought the Isle Royale specific pass

Have fun on your trip. I just went in August and i want to go back right now!

Paul
jerry
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by jerry »

I just got my senior pass last week before the price hike. To think I could have purchased the pass more then ten years ago. I'll be using it in 12 days at ISRO NP.
jerry
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by jerry »

I not only used my senior pass at Isle Royale NP this year, but twice when camping in Superior National Forest (E. Bearskin and Sawbill Lakes) on returning to Minnesota. 1/2 price at those campsites, plus covering the N.P. saved me over $50.