Fun Article

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

TopCarrot
Trailblazer
Isle Royale Visits: 8

Fun Article

Post by TopCarrot »

I will begin by saying that I am in no way trying to bring validity to the author or the site. The location is near Isle royale and I had a lot of fun reading it and forwarding it to my buddies.

Again, no portion has been verified and no support is being given for the conclusions. But you should enjoy this.

https://chadstuemke.com/disclosed-the-l ... r-anomaly/
22 CH-ML-ML-LRC-DF-CA-RH
21 3M-MB-McC-TH-ND-WC
21 LC-DF-McC-CH-MB-RH
20 HC-FL-SB-SD-MB-MB-RH
19 TH-ND-WC-SD-ML Via Voyager McC
18 DF-CH-DF
18 LC-DF-LR-RH
17 CW-SD-WC greenstone in 50hrs
Ingo
Forum Moderator
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Re: Fun Article

Post by Ingo »

I saw an explanation from an apparently reliable expert that it's a data anomaly and not real. Something about how the mapping software extrapolates with sparse data. I'll post if I can find it again.
22: BI-PC-BI-RH, 21: RH-ML-DF-MB-DF, 18: MC-PC-BI-DB-RH-DF, 17: WI-IM-SB-FL-WC, 16: RH-CI-TI-RH, 14: BI-ML-CI-CH-MB, 13: RH-PI, 12: MC-CB-HL-TH, 11: WC-HC-WC, 09: MC-BI-DN-RH, 05: MI-CI-MB-DF-RH-TM-RH, 02: MC-LR-WL-CH, 01: BI-DB-RH, 79: worked RH
treeplanter
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 12

Re: Fun Article

Post by treeplanter »

I agree with Ingo. I think that's how Google Maps tries to interpret underwater "topography."

Here's a bathymetry map of the Lake Superior basin. You barely can see this mysterious anomaly. All those strange patterns on the eastern side of Lake Superior interest me more.