Northern Lights time lapse from Sept '22

Questions regarding Weather, Bugs, Northern Lights and other "natural" phenomena.

Moderator: drobarge

PictureYellowstone
NewbieCake

Northern Lights time lapse from Sept '22

Post by PictureYellowstone »

First time seeing the northern lights, I was so stoked!

I used my GoPro to film this time lapse! The red flashes on trees are people's head lamps of course.

I set the short video to a recording I made of Clair De Lune!

I've got a couple stills and other photos from the trip and other parks on my page.

Enjoy!
ViaChicago
NewbieCake
Isle Royale Visits: 1

Re: Northern Lights time lapse from Sept '22

Post by ViaChicago »

Amazing! Do you recall how late you had to stay up to see them? I'd love to try to catch a glimpse, but also don't want hike on no sleep.
PictureYellowstone
NewbieCake

ViaChicago: didn't have to stay up to late actually! I think everyone was in bed by 12a. Now...did the lights start up again later in the night? Hard to say!

I will say, to the naked eye they just appeared white, but you could tell they were moving quicker and more unusually than clouds. It was the cameras (including iPhones!!!) that got long exposure pictures of the colors!!!
Backpacker534
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 9

Post by Backpacker534 »

PictureYellowstone wrote:First time seeing the northern lights, I was so stoked!

I used my GoPro to film this time lapse! The red flashes on trees are people's head lamps of course.

I've got a couple stills and other photos from the trip and other parks on my page.

Enjoy!
Very nice. I was hoping to see the Northern Lights when my buddies and I were there in May of this year, but we never did.

Do you recall what settings you used on your GoPro?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
PictureYellowstone
NewbieCake

Backpacker534 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:48 am
PictureYellowstone wrote:First time seeing the northern lights, I was so stoked!

Enjoy!
Very nice. I was hoping to see the Northern Lights when my buddies and I were there in May of this year, but we never did.

Do you recall what settings you used on your GoPro?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Hi there! I don't recall...but the GoPro10 has some built in settings that make it pretty easy for night time lapses! I was very impressed!