Winter read

Questions on general information and things that do not fit into any other categories.

Moderator: srparr

jerry
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Winter read

Post by jerry »

It is a mild winter here in SW Ohio. Therefore, I read and read. A writer from the Twin Cities has written another interesting story. He's William Kent Krueger. He usually writes about up north (Minnesota). His latest-"The River We Remember" is different and should be worth reading.

P.S. I want to thank all of you who have been kind to me over the years at our special NP & close by. You know who you are.
dcclark
May actually live on IR
Isle Royale Visits: 4

Re: Winter read

Post by dcclark »

I just finished "The River We Remember" and thoroughly enjoyed it. His long-running murder mystery series (Cork O'Connor) is also enjoyable, but his other one-off books like "Ordinary Grace" have been my favorites.

(From the thread title I thought you were going to recommend some Nevada Barr, and I was going to have to bite my tongue. :P)
jerry
IR Expert
Isle Royale Visits: 14

Post by jerry »

dcclark

You know Nevada Barr books about ISRO NP are true fiction. Especially, when she describes distances between parts of the island. I read one of them at Daisy Farm years ago. It was raining steady for about 2 days. I was lucky to be in a shelter near the trail, that goes up to the fire tower.
Bobcat1
Bushwacker
Isle Royale Visits: 8

Post by Bobcat1 »

I’ve read a few books out of the “help yourself” bin at Daisy Farm. I think that’s where a tattered paperback copy of “The Hobbit” came from.
22 WC-HC-BCZ20-WC
19 RH-ML-TI-RH by kayak
16 RH-DF-MB-TI-RH-3M-RH by kayak
09 RH-DF-MC-TH-HL-SD-WC
00 WC-IM-WC
96 WC-FL-SB-SD-HL-CE-3M-RH
94 RH-DF-MB-3M-RH
92 RH-DF-LR-CW-HL-SD-IM-WC